2021-10-31

Halloween-Eve concert


 

Since I discovered The Hu, they have been on my bucket list to see live.  They came to San Francisco to play the Outer Lands Music Festival this weekend, but I didn't have a pass.  As luck would have it, they booked an additional gig downtown for the night of the 30th.  Wish fulfilled. 

 

The Hu combine traditional Mongolian chanting, throat-singing and instrumentation with modern electric bass and guitar.  The effect is hypnotizing.  The best comment I've read about them was "These guys make me proud to be Mongolian, and I'm Latino!"    

 

In addition to an assortment of local rock fans and metalheads, it seemed as though every Mongolian in the Bay Area showed up, as well as a number of Kazakhs, Uzbeks and various other Central Asian folks.  I guess when you are 10,000 miles from home, the local distinctions don’t matter as much. 

https://youtu.be/3TAZlKZ9Yp8

 


 


2 comments: