2021-12-24

A couple of songs for Christmas


 

I once won a substantial bet with someone who could not believe Elvis had done a Christmas album (he actually did more than one).  Here’s a great version of my favorite Elvis Christmas song, a virtual duet between Martina McBride and Elvis (he died when she was only 11):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KK6sMo8NBY

 

 

 

There are three famous “Ave Maria”s—by Bach, Vavilov/Caccini and Schubert.  Schubert’s is probably the most popular and recognizable of the three.  Ironically, it was not originally a religious song per se, but it has since been modified and re-interpreted hundreds of times and is now a Christmas staple.  Here is one of my favorite renditions, also re-cast as a duet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6ufu2CPNg

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say, Charles, that I've appreciated your posts this year. 42 is an impressive number. And I've learned a lot about the kind of music I know nothing about. Plus you introduced me to Nightwish, which is now one of my favorite bands. You write exceptionally well. Mari

    ReplyDelete